Borneo Jazz Festival: A Celebration of Eclectic & Syncopated Music
Music lovers, and especially Jazz lovers, rejoice!
The Borneo Jazz Festival is back this year to offer a wide range of Jazzy tunes for your listening pleasure. This year marks the 14th edition of the long-running Jazz festival (one of the longest in the region). The event will take place from July 19th to 21st at Coco Cabana in Marina Bay, Miri, Sarawak.
So what can you expect from an event like this? Well, the straightforward answer is… Great Jazz Music!
The festival is famed for showcasing Jazz performers, and 2019 will be no different. You can expect a stellar cast of local and international Jazz talents alike.
Borneo Jazz Festival Artist Highlight 2019
Interest piqued? This year, line-ups includes artists from the USA, Italy, Mexico, Japan, and so on. While on the local front, you can expect our boys and girls to perform their hearts out in front of a hometown crowd.
Borneo Jazz Festival Activities & Programmes
All Jazz’d out? Not to worry, this festival also features various other activities. Here are some of them:
- Yoga & Sape sessions
- Music workshops by the various invited musical talents
- Drum workshops by Lewis Pragasam
Practical Tips When Attending The Borneo Jazz Festival
- Expect to experience different styles of jazz
- Keep your coded wrist band intact. Remember that each wrist band is only good for one person and valid for only one day
- Dress for a night of fun and relaxation. Also, prepare umbrellas and/or raincoats in case of rain
- For ladies, forget your high heels. Wear comfy dance shoes instead
- Insect repellents are a Godsend
- Floor mats if you enjoy music laying down
- There are food and drink counters spread throughout the festival grounds in case you are hungry/parched
- Information counter, First Aid Station and public toilets are also available for your convenience
- Merchandise/CDs/Souvenirs can be bought. Don’t forget to get something for yourself to remember this awesome night!
This is a truly once-in-a-lifetime opportunity (until the following year that is) to fully immerse and appreciate the songs of Jazz. So what are you waiting for? Jazz hands, baby.
You can purchase early bird tickets before 21st June 2019. More information about tickets can be found here.